Spot Removal Guide
Need more information or would like me to do it?
Feel free to call me for advice or to set an appointment. I am happy to help. 541-479-8776
I have been doing this since 1993 and have great success, if you want to try more than is on this page and take the risk on yourself please go to www.stainmaster.com/carpet/care/stain-removal .
Child and Pet Safe Spot Removal Guide
Removing spots from carpet can be simple or tedious depending upon the spot and how long it has been on the carpet. Listed below is general spot removal procedures.
• Never use a circular or scrubbing motion to remove a spot as this destroys texture
• Blot the Spot.
• Only use a white towel or paper towel to clean with (colored towels can bleed color onto carpet).
If it is DIRT, and DRY
1.Vacuum well, then use the TNT Spot Remover that I leave with every customer or mix white vinegar 50/50 with warm water. It is best to test it to make sure the solution doesn’t bother your carpet on a spot that doesn’t show or in a closet. I have never had either of these solutions cause a problem on carpet but you never know.
2. Spray on a small amount onto the carpet spot, agitate slightly.
3. Use a white towel or a white paper towel and blot.
If it is DIRT and WET
1. Pick up with a dry paper towel or old white terry towel. Then follow the instructions for Dirt and Dry.
If it is FOOD or a BEVERAGE that has just happened.
Including wine, blood, coffee, tea, beer, egg, etc-
1. Pick up or blot up as much as possible with paper towels or an old Terry cloth towel.
2. Apply TNT spot out.
3. Agitate gently (do not scrub). Let sit for about 3 to 5 minutes to allow time to dissolve the food or beverage. Absorb with white paper towel or old white Terry cloth towel.
1. Absorb as much as possible with white towels. Place a folded towel on the spot and then step on towel.
2. Spray Vets Trust or you can get a bottle of Natures Miracle from the Pet Stores.
3. Apply a folded white towel over spot, step on it, then apply weight and leave for several hours or overnight.
1. Absorb with white Terry cloth towel or scoop up with dust pan or a piece of card board
2. Then follow the FOOD instructions.
1. Saturate spot with lemon juice, using a spray bottle, and allow to remain for 5 minutes or longer.
2. Apply Spray, agitate lightly, wait and towel off. Repeat as needed.
Lipstick, nail polish, and makeup –
Do not attempt to remove, this can spread it and make difficult or impossible for the professional cleaner to remove. You can call and ask me questions about this but in my experience it has very little chance of being removed after a customer has tried to remove it.
Most of the time the customer will try to get it out, make it spread and make it totally impossible to remove. If you leave it alone and give me a call, I have a really good chance of getting it out. I use two special commercial products that work together to get the ink out and then I have to use the extractor to rinse those products out.
Stains That Can’t Be Removed –
Acid toilet bowl cleaners, acne medication, alkaline drain cleaners, chlorinated bleaches, hair dyes, iodine, insecticides, plant fertilizers and stains of this nature cannot be removed as they have permanently altered the carpet’s color. Most likely the only solution is to insert carpet from a closet or from a left over piece of carpet into the area where the spot was cut out. If you need this done please give me a call.